About the Granny Attic Studio
The Granny Attic started out as my private home-recording facility, to find more time to work out basslines for my band S.O.T.E. (See links page), but soon I discovered I liked the practice of recording, so started branching out to other instruments and specificaly working with vocalists (it helps being married to one :-) )
Well, out goes the money to more and better equipment and room treatment, and lo and behold we end up with a real studio.
The studio is run as a hobby, so of course the work concentrates on music I have a a specific love for:
Progressive rock in it's many forms (from retro to metal), and alternative jazz/world music, but anything is fair game, like the folk and other music that already passed the studio.
The studio is available for:
- Me adding bass (fretted, fretless, Stick or double bass) to your recordings
Because The Granny Attic Studio is run as a hobby, you can expect something that is, in my humble opinion, sorely missing from most productions nowadays: Love for the music!
- Recording not only means capturing the instrument(s) in a technically perfect way, but more
importantly capturing the soul of it.
- Coaching will mean getting the best out of you and your performance
- Mixing means, lifting the total above the sum of it's components.
- Mastering does not mean "1 setting will do the whole run" treatment.
It is about making a balanced album, so all separate songs seem to belong to each other, and only
when necessary sprinkeled with extra processing.